Location: Dublin, Ohio
In his thirty-three year career as an Attorney, Randy has honed his skills to provide targeted, efficient, legal and practical problem solving through negotiation and litigation. Randy always puts his client’s interests first and tries to find the most efficient solutions to his clients’ legal issues and concerns. To that end, Randy is aggressive against his legal adversaries, and yet kind, understanding, and accessible to his clients.
Randy is a general practice attorney who has enjoyed success in all areas of civil law, including collections, consumer protection, contracts, construction, home improvement contracting, credit card defense, debtor and creditor rights, estate planning, foreclosure defense, general civil litigation, mortgage abuse, powers of attorney, probate, real estate, and will drafting.
Randy is admitted to practice law in all Ohio state courts as well as the United States District Courts of the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio.
Randy launched the solo practice law firm, Richardson Law LLC, in January 2015. In February 2016, Randy accepted attorney Karl W. Snyder as a partner at Richardson Law, LLC.
Before launching Richardson Law, LLC, Randy was the lead litigator for the Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati offices of the UAW Legal Services Plan. He is a consumer activist and advocate; bringing 33 years of experience in consumer related and civil law matters to his many clients.
In addition to graduating at the top of his class with honors in law from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Randy received the following awards:
- American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Advocacy
- American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy
- Judge Joseph M. Haiter Memorial Award in Trial Advocacy
During law school, Randy worked full time as a Mediator and Director of the Night Prosecutor Program for the Criminal Division of the City of Columbus. The Columbus Night Prosecutor Mediation Program received a multitude of awards as the preeminent Alternative Dispute Resolution program in the United States. It served as a model for than 50 similar programs and was designated as an Exemplary Project by the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration.
Prior to his days as a Buckeye, Randy was a Quaker having graduated Cum Laude from Wilmington College where Randy was recognized with the following awards:
- Wilmington “Green Key” Honor Society
- Citation of Student Excellence
- Citation of Student Leadership & Scholarship
- President’s List of Academic Excellence
- Varsity Baseball & Soccer
Randy raised two bright independent young women, Chloe and Cheyenne. Chloe is a special education teacher in New York City with a Master’s Degree in Education. Cheyenne is an honorably discharged United States Marine with a Master’s Degree in Education. Cheyenne’s husband, Brett, continues to serve our country in the Special Operations Command Unit of the United States Marine Corps Forces.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Law
- Wills & Estate Planning
- Consumer Litigation
- Problem Solving
- Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2015
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. – 1986
- Honors: Graduated Top 20 with “Honors in Law”
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law & Trial Advocacy
- Honors: “Judge Joseph M. Haiter Memorial Award” in Trial Advocacy
- Honors: Mock Trial Court
- Wilmington College, Wilmington, Ohio
- B.A. Cum Laude – 1983
- Honors: Graduated Top 5 in his class
- Honors: Wilmington “Green Key” Honor Society
- Honors: Wilmington “Citation of Student Excellence”
- Honors: President’s List of Academic Excellence
- Honors: Dean’s List of Academic Excellence
- Honors: Citation for Student Leadership and Scholarship
- Honors: Varsity Soccer & Baseball
- Honors: Director for the Committee on Campus Improvement
- Honors: Big Brother for the Ohio Youth Advocate Program
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Law Enforcement Administration
- Major: Accounting
- Employees & Retirees of the United Auto Workers
Past Employment Positions
- RICHARDSON LAW, LLC, Attorney, 2014 – Present
- DOUCET & ASSOCIATES, CO., L.P.A., Of counsel, 2015 – 2016
- UAW LEGAL SERVICES PLAN, Staff Attorney, 1989 – 2014 (2016 to present as a Cooperating Attorney with the UAW)
- GURVIS, KAUFFMAN, KURGIS, & DILL, Attorney, 1987 – 1989
- CITY OF COLUMBUS, Civil Division Attorney, 1986 – 1987
- CITY OF COLUMBUS, Criminal Division, 1983 – 1986
- Intern for OSU Law Professor Douglas J. Whaley
- Intern for OSU Law Professor Leroy Purnell