Karl became an attorney to provide tailored legal representation to clients from all backgrounds in Ohio. Karl uses his legal knowledge and superb writing skills to champion clients who have been damaged by unscrupulous businesses. Karl has an incredible memory of State and Federal consumer protection statutes and is a strict adherent to the law and the rules of litigation.
Karl graduated at the top of his class with honors from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Karl is a Buckeye alum having graduated with honors from the Ohio State University with an undergraduate degree in criminology.
During law school, Karl interned with the Cook County State’s Attorney Office in Illinois where he was assigned complex issues impacting the criminal justice system. Additionally, Karl helped indigent clients by volunteering his time and legal skills to a Chicago non-profit organization. In his final year of law school, Karl participated in Loyola University Chicago’s Community Law Center Clinic where he represented children as a guardian ad litem in child-custody cases.
After law school, Karl returned to the Buckeye state and established his own law firm. Karl continued his philanthropic approach to the law by volunteering his time with the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office. Karl was appointed cases in the Dayton Municipal Court for indigent criminal defendants.
Karl expanded his practice by joining Richardson Law, LLC as a partner where he excels at holding businesses, mortgage lenders, and banks accountable for illegal and unfair practices against consumers and debtors in a variety of state and federal litigation cases. Karl enjoys enforcing State and Federal law on behalf of his “little guy” clients against big business.
Karl has focused his practice on offering sophisticated legal representation and guidance in the complex nexus of federal and state consumer protection statutes and regulations. He fights to extend the powerful protections those laws present to his clients in all areas of consumer law, debt defense, foreclosure defense, mortgage lending, and other complex civil litigation. Karl also accepts clients accused of misdemeanor, traffic, and felony drug offenses.
Karl is admitted to practice in all Ohio state courts and the United States District Court of the Southern District of Ohio.
Areas Of Practice
- Consumer Protection
- Consumer Law
- Debt Defense
- Foreclosure Defense
- Mortgage Lending
- Civil Litigation
- Traffic Violations
- Drug Offenses
- Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor cum laude – May, 2013
- Honors: CALI Award for Legal Writing for best performance in Legal Writing Section
- Honors: Legal Writing Tutor
- Law Review: Consumer Law Review, Staff Editor
- The Ohio State University – College of Arts and Sciences, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude – March, 2010
- Major: Criminology
- Minor: History
- Minor: Politics
- Minor: Society
- Minor: Law
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Ohio Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, 2016 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Richardson Law LLC, Columbus, OH, Partner, Attorney, 2016 to present
- Doucet & Associates, Co. L.P.A., Columbus, OH, Of Counsel Attorney, 2014 – 2015
- Snyder Law – Private Practice, Dayton and Columbus, OH, Attorney, 2014 – 2015
- United Lex, Blue Ash, OH, Document Review Attorney, 2013 – 2014
- Montgomery County Public Defender, Dayton, OH, Volunteer Attorney, 2014 – Present
- Loyola Community Law Clinic, Chicago, IL, Student Clinician, 2013